Saturday, March 17, 2018

More Easter Cards

Started my card for PTI CAWU a few days ago & finally finished it up today.  I was immediately drawn to Heather's card on Day 4 of the release as I loved the layered striped kraft die cut frames.  It made me think of the stripes in the Mix & Mat: Flourishes die set. 
I used a scrap of kraft cardstock & cut it as usual.  Then I used another scrap & cut it again.  In order to layer the pieces for a crossed pattern, I had to extend the cutting of the second piece--just a little tricky, but it worked.  The images & sentiment are from Corner Adorner: February.  The inks are PTI Scarlet Jewel, Prairie Grass & Honey Nut, with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate for the sentiment.  Think it might have been better not to do a shadow for the sentiment, but too late now.  The card & Corner Adorner die cuts are Vintage Cream cardstock.  Gold Pico Embellisher was used for the flower center & I'll put an Easter sentiment inside.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground, SSS Monday & SSS National Craft Month.
Boldborders-thankyou-hnicholsSnippets Playground Badge
Today I saw the sketch for FMS & immediately thought of the Stamplorations set called Boxed Blooms and Bold Sentiments.  I chose the lily image, turned it 90 degrees & heat embossed with Liquid Platinum. 
The coloring was done with pink, green & yellow Zigs.  A waterbrush was used for blending.  The sentiment from a company out of business was stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia.  I matted the panel with pink cardstock & decided to keep it very CAS with no splatters or embellishments.  I'm also entering Stamplorations Theme & SketchStamplorations  Never-Ending Anything Goes & HLS Watercolor challenge.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
Edited to add: also entering SSS National Craft Month.


28 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Greta. I love the lily on the angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards. Love that weave effect. The pink is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contemporary first card and the ever so pretty second one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lattice look with the corner flower. Then using the lily at the 90 degree angle is so clever. Both of these cards are inspired. I wish you could come and visit for a week. We would have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Greta! The trellis on your snippets card is fabulous - goes so well with the card you used and also the corner flower and leaves. Love the lilly as well - so delicate and a great idea to turn it as you did!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Easter card, Greta - the angle and soft pink make a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness... your cards are beautiful, greta!! love the simplicity of the second one!! so clever of you to figure out a way to re-create the lattice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards. The lily one is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful, Greta! I loooove how you did the criss cross kraft pattern! So intricate and beautifully textured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two absolutely lovely cards! Love them both!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you soon!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such beautiful cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, Greta. I love the simplicity and clean and simple lines of the card. Your soft watercolouring of the lilies brings them to life. Thanks so much for playing along with our HLS March Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your cards are so fantastic! I especially love all the texture with that background on the first one. The flowers popped up against it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Greta beautiful cards my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greta, you did Heather proud I’m sure with Kraft and lattice creativity. Love that card as well as your beautiful lily with the square turned on the diagonal. Two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how lovely are your cards, Greta! Beautiful lattice weave with the kraft and gorgeous elegant CAS card in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Greta!!!What a lovely card design... It's so pretty! You know I've been on Spring Break Vacation, so I'm sorry I haven't left you comments.. it's been a very busy week! I did check back at all your projects that I missed and they are some stunners! Hopefully I'll be back to my regular schedule now! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous set of cards! I love that embossed Lily! The colours are perfect for Easter! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful cards, Greta. The first one is my favourite. Pretty flower and I love the die. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two beauties, Greta - especially love the lily card with the pink and platinum!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards Greta!! I love that weaving ... So clever and effactive and the soft colouring of your stamped image on your second card is beautiful... Love that design too! Sending big hugs your way and wish you were here too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Greta! Love both of your cards. Very cool how you created the lattice and the embossed lily is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great background for your corner adorners! Fabulous card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh your first one is fabulous, such great work on the cross layering. Your second is such a delicate and beautiful card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You PTI card is gorgeous Greta! That scarlet jewel bloom on the kraft is perfection. And your lovely pink card is soft and feminine. Both beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The kraft lattice looks fantastic with the flower and leaves in the corner! And your pink lily CAS card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Saw the lovely kraft & flower card at the Snippets playground, so buzzed over for a closer look. What a splendid lattice design, and looks labor intensive if I'm understanding how you created this effect (at first thought it was a die cut out). The pretty corner flower is just the perfect thing to draw the eye into that lattice stripping. Also enjoyed the serene pink CAS beauty that you shared too. TFS & Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.