Thursday, December 26, 2013

Celebrate!

Got a couple Christmas cards from people I didn't expect to hear from, so decided to send them New Year's cards.  I decided to play along in the final challenge for The 10 Minute Craft Dash.  I also wanted to enter the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays who happens to be the sponsor for the Craft Dash! My first card took 10 minutes & 45 seconds, so I went simpler for version 2 which only took 6 minutes & 40 seconds.  I can enter the first one in Pixies Snippets Playground since scraps were used for the sentiment & black mat. The bling qualifies for SSS Wednesday so I'll also enter that challenge.
Version 1--10 min 45 sec

The burst image is an old DeNami stamp I love & the sentiment is by SU--it was on consignment at my LSS before it closed.  The sentiment is black embossed & Brilliance Gold (& Silver on the long version) is used for the bursts.  The panels are sprayed with Therm-O-Web Glimmer Mist--love that stuff!  The 1 layer card needed something, so I added the black faux stitching.  The close-up gives you an idea of the sparkle.


Hard to believe--it's almost 2014!  Wishing all of you a wonderful year with lots of fun crafting! Thanks so much for stopping by--always makes my day to read your comments.

14 comments:

  1. awesome cards Greta. Wishing you a very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Greta!! Love the shimmer and both designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely set of cards, greta! love the design of the first card... so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Greta! Love both cards you made - the shimmer is very beautiful isn't it. Both are very classy cards.

    I must admit, am still chuckling here about the oven disaster - yup, I'm also very honest and do hold my hands (and asses ears!) up when something stupid has happened.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkle, shimmer and shine: perfect way to ring in 2014! And 'my math' says that your gorgeous cards took you about 8 minutes average to make (good thing I'm not a math teacher!), which simply adds to the *WOW* impact! Stunning cards, both! I need to turn out a few New Year's cards too once we're home; these are fabulous inspiration! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these! Sparkle & shine and those bursts are perfect for conveying new year's wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are perfect for New Year yards! Love those bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are really gorgeous! I love how the 'burst' stamp pairs with the script on your sentiment and adding glimmer mist really makes your cards so sparkly!

    I'm sure that I'm late in posting this...I just noticed your sweet photos of you and hubby with Keesha. I'm so sorry for your loss! I know first hand how much it hurts to lose our 'sweet fur babies'! Hugs to you!

    Sending you my best wishes for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one show stopper of a card! I love all the sparkle and shine, just perfect for celebrating the new year. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely clean & simple cards! And so much shine! Thanks for playing with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous CAS cards, love them both

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

    Wishing you a very happy Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greta, I love the shimmer that both of these cards have. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Greta, I love the shimmer on your cards. Great cards. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.