Monday, November 26, 2012

Merry Little Christmas



It's the time of year when the Pacific storms come through one after another, but today we had a break.  The fog cleared early & it was a gorgeous Fall day with blue sky, sunshine & no wind.  Hubby & I spent all afternoon working in the yard, which was tiring but so nice to see everything spruced up.  Now it's down to the wire for the weekly MFT Sketch Challenge, as tomorrow is a work day.  I liked this sketch as soon as I saw it & had in mind using the Seasonal Sentiments stamp set I got with my last order.  Finally tonight it all came together in another traditional holiday card using a piece of the May Arts ribbon I got in a clearance.  I've also been wanting to cover an image with glitter which is something I learned in one of my first stamping classes years ago.  This Christmas tree made of words was just right for it & I can enter my card in the November Stampendous! challenge since you don't have to use their glitter to enter--check it out HERE.  A friend who became a full-time RVer gave me all her ink pads & 2 of them (Close To My Heart Holiday Red & Kentucky Green) matched the ribbon pretty well.  The embossing folder is by Sizzix.  All the layers are mounted with foam tape.  Hope things went well for you today & thanks for taking time to come by.

7 comments:

  1. Delightful Greta. Love the glitter all over your tree. Looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta.
    The sketch is fabulous, and I love your interpretation. Using the traditional Christmas palette makes the card sing, it is so pretty and I love all the glitter too.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the sketch and love the traditional colours, Greta! Love how you applied glitters on the top layer. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous holiday card! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Greta you took this sketch and ROCKED IT! Everything from the colors to the textures to the sparkle make this a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sketch, Greta and what a wonderful card you made with it!!! I love how you used the 3 sweet snowflakes to represent the "tab" from the folder shape. Your ribbon is beautiful and the embossed BG just wraps it all up nicely. Goes without saying that the glittered image is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... what a beautiful take on the sketch, greta!! love all the sparkle and that ribbon is just the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.