Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Happy Hello

I'm on schedule to complete a card for each of the 4 challenges celebrating Flourishes 5th birthday.  Today's card is for the color challenge.  Check it out HERE--you might want to play along!  One of my favorite Flourishes sets is Thinking of You.  The little solid tulip image caught my eye as soon as I got it, but I've never tried to use it until now.  I love the image I got by stamping it 4 times in each color, don't you?  I think it'd also make great printed paper, so may try that next.  My inks are Color Box Fluid Chalk Rouge, Pigment Apricot, Pigment Sky Blue & VersaMagic Aquatic Splash.  The dies are Spellbinders circles.  I mounted them with foam tape to a panel embossed with Spellbinders Impressabilities Circles that was edged with a Fiskar's punch & the 4 inks were lightly applied using direct to paper.  You think I like bling, a little, maybe?!  The sentiment is from my frequently used Flourishes Taglines, but this one had never been inked.  I love the mixed font & how even the small Flourishes stamps give a great impression.  I didn't want the starkness of black, so stamped it in Memento Gray Flannel.  Nothing complicated, but hopefully it will cheer up my sis who's going through a rough time.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. My goodness.... Greta this is stunning. I really love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat design, Greta! Love the softness and that pretty ribbon! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, Greta! Love the way you've stamped the image in circles, and your soft color palette is gorgeous! Fabulous bling, too! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever shading and color variation, this is very pretty! I like the design so fresh! Thanks for playing in Flourishes 2,4,6,8, Celebrate challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome and creative card for the colors! I love how you've used the tulip stamp too! Thanks so much for playing along with us Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and love the shading! I'm sure your sister would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Greta! Great use of the colours in the photo! Thanks for playing along with the Flourishes Birthday Bash celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.