Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Spring Birthday Card

This week's Flourishes TT Challenge "here" is to create a birthday card.  I pulled out one of the March release stamp sets that I was lucky enough to win--Botanical Bookmarks.  The background is another one made with COPICS (see the inspiration here) using Y02, Y21, V12, V17, G02, G07.  I stamped the flowers with VersaFine Black Onyx, brushed them with Shimmer Spritz & cut the piece with Spellbinders Labels Nine.  It's matted with a piece of light yellow cardstock cut with the largest die & then embossed with TH Stripes folder.  The same flowers are stamped on the green textured cardstock using VersaMark.  The diecut piece is attached with foam tape & the gems are colored with Y02.  I've liked cards using parts of a diecut, so decided to do that here.  The greeting is from Flourishes Tag Lines--a super versatile word set.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.  Thanks for stopping by--I love hearing from you.

10 comments:

  1. I love how you stamped your card with the nice stamped background and used the same on for the main image! I really love how you placed your image to the side, I think it's perfect :)
    Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!
    ~ Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, I absolutely love the copic marker bg you created for this!!!! The flowers stamped in black look so striking against it!! Also love how you offset the die cuts - I've been so into doing that lately too :) Have a Happy, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Greta! Love the colorful background as well as the embossed layer! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely birthday card, greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Greta. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colorful bg! beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Greta! I like the strips of colors! I like how you colored in the flowers with white such a cool look! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rainbow of colors is soooo eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to let me know what you think! If your blog address is in your profile I will return the favor.