Sunday, November 27, 2016

Winter BD Card

Fun to make a birthday card in the midst of holiday crafting.  I had a gift certificate to spend for Impression Obsession & as soon as I saw the new Three Trees Background die I knew it needed to come to my house--haha! Fortunately it wasn't out of stock too long & here's my first card using it.  I honestly didn't think about how many little pieces there would be, but using my metal adapter plate worked great using 65# cardstock.  I blended Distress Inks pine needles, faded jeans & dusty concord onto a scrap for a day time background. The IO sentiment, A6977, is stamped in Memento Nautical Blue.  
I covered the words with micropore tape before spraying with adhesive & covering with prisma glitter.  I was afraid the small font of the sentiment would get lost if it was glittered.  I'm entering the cool colors challenge at Impression Obsession as well as The Playground, SSS Monday, & Word Art Wednesday. Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.

Challenge button 

23 comments:

  1. Oh that is a gorgeous die and your background is stunning too...I wrote down those colors because I always love trying new ones together! What a simple a lovely birthday card...and totally works for a male too!! Heart Hugs, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning card Greta....your background is as beautiful as can be. Just love the incredible look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful! Love those pretty colors for the background! And, the tree die in white is perfect for a winter birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you wanted the die Greta, the trees are so pretty!! I like the sparkly snow mound you added too, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tree lover is totally in love with your fantastic card! The shimmer and the background are gorgeous! Now I have to check out this die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally awesome Greta. The sponging on the background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's beautiful!! I love the die and your shading is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shading Greta - and the die is really fabulous! A gorgeous card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, greta!! the inked background is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet background, almost prettier than your beautiful die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, love the trees and the background is so lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely background for your trees...I want to bundle up and go for a walk...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a pro with ink blending and that die is gorgeous. Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Greta; the trees look perfect on the coloured background and I like the technique you used around the words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous winter birthday card, Greta! Just love the background behind your white silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this die (think I have it on order, and it was OOS at some places I tried too). You've done a splendid background sky - so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that is one gorgeous card! I think that die needs to come to my house too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty winter birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's cool how you masked the greeting so the words wouldn't get lost in the snow. Cool tree die too and it makes out into a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greta, what a fabulous card. Love that die cut and you have shown it off to perfection~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Greta....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card love the colours. I think I could use a similar die I have. Thanks for the inspiration and well done on being featured in the playground.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.