Sunday, November 11, 2012

DeNami Thoughtful Thank Yous Blog Hop


It's time for another fun DeNami Blog Hop!  You should have arrived by way of Linda's lovely blog, but if you're lost you can find the entire list of participants & the details about prizes on the DeNami Blog.    I signed up right away for this one knowing I wanted to use my little DeNami wheat stamp.  I began with something else in mind, but that's not unusual for me!  In the end, I really liked my card which is a thank you for my boss.  She's been so patient & encouraging as I learn the new job.  The tag stamp is an old one by DOTS, embossed in black.  I hand cut the kraft mat & edged it with VersaFine Onyx Black.  The wheat is embossed with Zing! Apricot ep & the alphabet stickers are Authentique.  I attached them to a scrap of kraft cardstock & then cut right next to the stickers.  This way I didn't have to try & line them up on my project--just glued down the whole piece--much easier!  The square pearl stickers are by Mark Richards, the black dots are Rain Dots & I finished off the tag with a strip of cream lace.  It's mounted to the mat with foam tape & a seam binding tab is added for another spot of color.  I used Spellbinders Wonky Reverse Rectangles for the card base & the embossing folder is by Sizzix for Stampin' Up.  The card edges are also inked with the Onyx Black.  Lots to see, so better get hopping to see what the creative Amy has for today.  Thank you so much for coming to my blog--I look forward to seeing your comments.



26 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I love the peachy wheat stalks and the dimensional bling. That tag shape is perfect too...love this whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool!! Love the diecut too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty details! Square pearls and lace add elegance to this unique card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool design! Anyone would be happy to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this off center placement....and the kraft is the perfect backdrop for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun project! Love the color combo...kraft rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always neat to see differently shaped cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the great tip on attaching letters to a project! I too know what its like to start with one idea and land up going in another direction. The wheat stamp is so versatile and you've made it the star here today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your die-cut shaped card and the beautiful embellished sentiment tag on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how you used the wonky rectangle dies, greta...everything works together so perfectly to create a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta, this is absolutely beautiful! Those DeNami wheat stalks look LOVELy embossed in apricot Zing. You are so creative! This design really sings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am getting all kinds of ideas of what to do with those wheat stalks. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card. I have seen Zing embossing powders around in blog land- I might need to pick some up, the colors are so fun! Your boss will really love this card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the wheat stalks and the cream lace is a gorgeous element!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how the orange ep pops! The lace is such a pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used the tag on the card. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shaped card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a pretty card. I love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card--I like the shape and the embossed wheat on the tag. Great tip about the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey schnauzer buddy! What a great card Greta, love the fun shape, lace trim and my FAV wheat bundle stamp! We took Max on a long hike in one of our metro parks today! He LOVES walking the trails and climbing on rocks...silly little guy is plum tuckered tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the orange embossed wheat!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card Greta. You are on a roll today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful design, Greta! Love how you twisted the tag on the wonky shape!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card, Greta! The orange and brown go really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic thank you card for your boss! She is absolutely going to love it! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous shaped card thank you!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.