Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Happy Anniversary and Thankful

Very grateful it's feeling like Fall now.  We even had a few rainy days, which we really needed.  Still lots of dangerous weather in many places.  I hope things are OK where you are.
I like masking a frame, which I haven't done for quite awhile.  That's how my card for Color Hues Dusty Blue and Brown began.  
I only found 2 dusty blue inks in my huge stash of ink pads and one of them was SSS Hybrid Steel Blue.  Not every ink lets the details show with more solid stamps like SSS Anna's Flowers, but this one stamped perfectly.  It's a richer color than shows in the photo and I need to remember to use it.  The little branches from an old Gina K set were stamped in Altenew Rocky Shore--a lovely shade of brown.  I splattered both inks before adding the Winnie and Walter sentiment.  If you look closely, you can see 2 tiny white hearts above the h.  They're Gina K embellishments which I covered with shimmer.  Glad to have this card ready for my sister's anniversary next month.  I entered WAW via IG.
I'm truly thankful for my sweet cardmaking friends around the world.  One of them gave me CN9 Autumn Splendor stamp set and dies.  JUGS Die Week: Thanks gave me the motivation to use these products for the first time.  
I pulled out a variety of cardstock colors.  Decided to use a different green for each type of leaf and 2 shades of rose for the flowers.  The berries were die cut from a soft gold glitter cardstock and I added gold splatters.  You can see the shimmer and shine in my IG post.  Pearls were my favorite embellishment years ago and I was happy I still had some of the Latte ones to use for the flower centers.  It was a lot of diecutting, but so fun to see the card come to life.  Of course the look can be totally different by changing up the colors.  You can also use the images without the background piece, so I may try that next.  I'm also entering WAW.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


18 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Greta! Love the fabulous fall creation for our JUGs challenge. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta... I have seen this C&9th die in the shop but never outside of there. Amazing! Love the colors you chose. The layering is just wonderful. Curious as to you favorite embellishment now... I still love pearls. The card is dramatic and well worth the price of that die! Love it. Can't thank you enough for sharing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Greta, and of course I'm drawn to the Color Hues card...go figure! Haha!! You used our challenge colors beautifully with this lovely anniversary card and I love the frame look too! Such an easy way to spotlight the stamped images and yet I rarely remember to do it...thanks for the reminder! And thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues Challenge! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful anniversary card for your sister, Greta! Lovely color and great take on the challenge! Your second card has lots of wonderful layers with the pretty flowers in various shades, which makes it so eye catching! Two great cards as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue is a fabulous take on the color hues challenge Greta. Isnt it perfect when a challenge inspired one to pull out a piece of nbus and get crafting? well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Greta, Both of your cards are so lovely. I love that you masked the card for Color Hues and made a frame. Such a fabulous idea for your design. As for your second card, what a sweet friend to gift you with such a fabulous set. Your card is so lovely. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues. We certainly love having you in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect shade of blue, Greta! I love these mod flowers and tiny leaves! It makes a lovely anniversary card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Color Hues! And thanks for sharing the beautiful Autumn card too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful florals, Greta - love your take on blue/brown for Color Hues and your die cut flowers on card two look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created one beautiful card for our Color Hues duo! I love the ways you've combined the the stamps after masking off the frame. That's a technique I need to remember to use! Your second card is also lovely--lucky you to received such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dusty blue and brown card has turned out brilliantly. That is such a challenging colour combo. I love the finished look. Well done. Love the rich reds of your second card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards, Greta. Big hugs,my friend.
    (I am OK, but very busy, as always. Kisses!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards, Greta. The first one is so clean and fresh and I love the lovely flowers on your second card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so soft and pretty, Greta. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely card with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always enjoy your art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Greta, both of these cards are beautiful! You have tremendous talent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catching up, looks like the reading list issue might be sorted as getting a few filter through. As always lovely cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cards are beautiful. Congratulations; I wish you a happy anniversary and much happiness.
    Best regards, Mónica.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.