Sunday, February 18, 2018

Stripes

One final PTI Anniversary challenge left to enter:  Stripes.  I've barely used the stamps in the Don't Forget to Write kit, so pulled out the square with stripes to make a thank you card I need to mail on Tuesday. 
I love the scalloped card die which I have used several times.  The square is stamped in Spring Rain.  The big word is stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer along with the small words which were over stamped along the bottom with Blueberry Sky.  The little image at the top was stamped in the silver & over stamped in Enchanted Evening.  Finished off with Nuvo silver glitter drops.  I got worried that people might not think my stripes were big enough to count, so I'm entering this card at WAW
Grab our badge:
I needed another card, so used my other idea to make stripes with images from Watercolor Wonder.  I used the same blue inks for the flowers from The Sweet Life, but couldn't get them to look true in the picture.  Actually they have more gray which I really like.
I'll enter this one in the PTI Stripes Challenge.  I used Delicata Silvery Shimmer for the stripes with Brilliance Starlite Black & Graphite Black for the leaves.  The sentiment from Take 3 Spring is stamped multiple times on a PTI vellum strip using Blueberry Sky.  The panel is die cut with AJVD dotted rectangle & the card front is covered with Blueberry Sky cardstock.  Needed a little something, so made a silver thread nest & added clear Nuvo glitter drops.  I'm also entering Stamping Sensations & SSS Wednesday.  
Please grab our logo
Keep forgetting to share a picture of my new favorite backyard bird. 
It's a Hairy Woodpecker that no longer flies away when Fritz & I go on the deck.  Isn't it beautiful?  Thanks for your patience as I continue to catch up on my blog reading.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Greta your cards are beautiful ,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pretty shades of blue mixed with the shimmery silver! These are both pretty Greta. That's an amazing bird. My hubby would love to capture that one with his camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first card is so pretty, greta!! I think it would have worked perfectly for the PTI challenge. The second card is so elegant in those shades of blue and gray!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Both cards are wonderful Greta! I LOVE the colors on both and the designs! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards... Greta
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing cards Greta, I love them both. The simplicity of the first with those fabulous diamond stripes is striking. Your second card with the blue roses and those gray paint stripes is a stunner for sure. Love that woodpecker...we get two kinds visiting the house a red bellied and downey woodpecker. I love seeing them, but in the spring I do not like them pecking on the gutter. One guy figured out he could make more noise and attract the females sitting on the rain gutter and pecking at about 6 am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are so pretty. I love the blue and gray together. I have to tell you I look forward to your posts to hear the colors of ink you use. The names are as great as your cards! Love the hairy woodpecker and how cool you were able to capture such a close up of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards, Greta! Just love the scalloped sentiment card and the stripes with flowers look amazing! Sweet woodpecker too - my parents get them in their woodsy yard too - so fun to watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, as always, Greta. You are so talented, my friend. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so gorgeous and in such wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Greta! Love the fancy roses! Great take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous Greta. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty floral creation and great design as well for our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. BOth are wonderful, especially like the blue flowers and stripes.
    Your bird is wonderful, aren't they a joy when they visit.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your visit to my blog and for taking the time to leave a lovely comment. Your cards are fabulous and I especially like your second card with the blue roses and grey stripes as the colours work together really well. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both very pretty. I love the simple design on the first one, it works so well and the second one is just so elegant.
    I hope you're feeling better ? lots of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great visitor to your garden. Loving the stripes on both cards. Elegant colours and great layouts. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great stripey cards! I would have thought that the striped frame was very creative and would work well for the challenge! Your watercolor stripes are a beautiful background for the gorgeous blue flowers!
    Love your woodpecker! I saw a pileated one recently coming out of work. It was so low on the ground and didn't fly away even as my coworker turned on her card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are fantastic! I don't bust out the don't forget to write stamp set enough either. Thanks for playing along at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful cards :) Thank you so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Die Cut” Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the blue roses, and the stripy background sets them off perfectly. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us for our floral challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  23. just realized i never commented on your lovely cards - and then i rec'd the beautiful roses card in the mail - how lucky am i get such a gorgeous card - love everything about it - thanks so much my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.