Sunday, November 19, 2017

Thanks and Joy

The fog never lifted yesterday, but the good thing is hubby cancelled our leaf raking duties!  We also enjoyed seeing the Oregon Ducks win their football game & I did some crafting--surprise, surprise!  Here's a heads up for you--Lori Hairston is once again presenting Visions of Sugarplums. 
The dates are Dec. 2, 3 & 4--don't miss it!  This will be my second year as a member of her DT--such an honor. 
Concord & 9th is one of my favorite companies, but so far I have very few of their products--none of them holiday.  Fortunately I have sweet friends who send me die cuts & now I have the Tree Ring Background stamp thanks to Rosemary.  I came up with a Christmas card for WCMC9 using the blossom from Floral & Flutter colored red & embellished with a green pearl. 
The tree ring is stamped in Delicata Silvery Shimmer & the little green dots are from the C&9 set called Flourish.  The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter In Bloom: Frenchy's Florals with the Joy silver embossed twice. 
I dry embossed the card front with a piece of burlap--something I learned from Rosemary.  The stamped panel was die cut with AJVD Polka Dot Backdrop Rectangle.  I'm also entering Christmas Card Challenges, HLS Christmas Challenge & ModSquad.
I was inspired by Kimber's tag design on Day 17 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  For my version I finally used a strip of red & green Washi I bought at least a year ago. 
I scored 2 lines above & below & used my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen for a bit of sparkle.
The word is from Hero Arts Merriest Christmas Wishes, the tag is Poppystamps, the bow is white crochet thread & the embellishments are PPP clear confetti.  I'm also entering CAS on Friday.
For your blog
With Thanksgiving this week, I'm counting my blessings.  So thankful for my blogging friends.  Thank you is the theme at Outside the Box & I used my MB Garden Birch Landscape stencil for the first time. 
I also finally opened 2 of my 3 Distress Oxide ink pads--Broken China & Cracked Pistachio.  I spritzed the panel heavily with Perfect Pearls & splattered some white gesso. 
I made a gray textured frame using Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles.  SSS Painted Thanks was cut from gray & white cardstock.  I covered the top layer with Crystal Laquer & finished off with PPP marshmallow sequins.  I'm also entering Country View Challenges, CAS-ual Friday Challenge, CropStop, Paru's Card Making Challenges, SSS Monday & Die Cut Divas.  Be safe if you're travelling & thanks so much for taking time to stop by.
ChallengeHelp yourself to our buddy buttonI'm a Diecut Diva Too

28 comments:

  1. What a fabulous pair of cards and tag, Greta! Just love the sketchy poinsettia and the delicate birch trees on the cards and the washi on the tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being part of lori's team this year, greta!! you have created some really amazing projects, my friend!! love how you used the C9 tree ring stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite a productive weekend - win/win - football and crafting - wish i could say the same, but did get lots of crafting done today, love the card with the tree ring and the birch tree card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fist card is so fresh and clean Greta! The pop of color is wonderful with the shimmery silver. Your tag is delightful, I love the idea of using Gelly Roll pen in your scored lines! I need to remember that one. Your final card is divine! Love the color and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been bust again Greta and as always such elegant designs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such lovely cards, Greta! Love the pretty poinsettia! Lovely tag with great design! And, your last card is super lovely with the soft colors and shimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creations, love the last one the most, the birch trees with the sparkle. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful creations! Love the silver and red together - just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Greta, your first card is gorgeous, I just love the colour combo and the beautiful poinsettia, it's fabulous. The tag and birch tree designs are also beautiful. Have a great week, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card...just so beautiful! Love your sweet tags, so fun and festive! Thanks so much for joining Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Die Cut Divas' entry for the Thanks challenge this month. I love the sparkle! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, as always! I love the birch tree one you linked up to Cropstop -- I've been eyeing some stamps and stencils with birch trees and trying to decide which I'd like most! You sure showcased the stencil well!
    Hope I'll see even more of your creativity in the CS gallery soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Greta. You have been very busy. Love the idea of using some burlap as an embossing background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy again. some gorgeous creations as always. I love the subtle silver embossing on the first one and fab casing of the tags xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your DT gig - sounds great fun. Love the way you used to background stamp to highlight the red bloom. Who knew one could use burlap (hessian) down under, for dry embossing. A great technique. The tag is crisp and fresh and I'm drooling over the colours you achieved with the Oxides. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Embossing with burlap - that is so unique amd the card is so pretty. I love how you used the washi tape on your tag. I once took a class from Kimber! I love the sparkle of your last card and the lovely background you did with the Oxides.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure have been doing some crafting! I love the simplicity of your first card and the tag. Just that little strip of Washi tape on the tag makes it totally pretty! I've had my eye on those Concord & 9th stamps and dies, too. I especially love the tree ring. So many companies and fabulous products, I can't keep up! Beautiful finish on your birch tree card with all the shimmer, and I love the gloss on the sentiment. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you first card is amazing and so cleverly put together. Absolutely stunning. Beautifully CAS on your tag and what a beautiful last card. So pretty with the spraying of the pearlescent. Well done you on breaking out the new stencils, oxides etc x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful creations Greta! The shimmery sentiment looks fantastic! Love the cute tag and shimmery winter wonderland scene! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous, elegant card! I love the stencilling and the sequins, and the colours - in fact just everything! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a fun week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful creations Greta... It's always a pleasure to visit and see such variety. That silver embossing is beautiful! Wishing you a beautiful day, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greta! I am blown away. YOur c& 9Th card is so festive and all without a holiday stamp...that is pure talent. You did a fab job on the tag, and your last card is gorgeous. Good thing you opened those inkpads. Have a very happy thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all your creations!
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. I now have that flower die and also a tree ring - thank you for the inspiration! Your tag is sweet (love those shimmery lines), and the sparkling tree card is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! These are great! I especially love that first one. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the shine on your thanks card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on the 'Favourite' shout out over at CAS-Ual Fridays with your amazing card x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Greta, what lovely creations. OH, the first card is simply BEAUTIFUL.
    I love the pretty colors, all the lovely stamping, details, & fabulous design. It's one of my favorites by you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.