Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

Blog-hop-logo
Blog Hop InspirationWhen I first saw the inspiration for the PTI July Blog Hop, my Butterfly Hope cover plate was on the table.  I haven't used it much, so decided to just use the colors & watercoloring for my inspiration. May end up making another card with Turning a New Leaf--one of my all-time favorite stamps & dies.  
Took several days to get something I was happy with, as I was trying to include the green & just didn't like it. 

The butterflies were done with several blue & gray markers & watercolors.  I wanted something else, so pulled out my unused Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolors. Oh my goodness--so gorgeous with the gold just brushed over the butterflies!  
I layered the cover plate to a piece of textured white cardstock with pink watercoloring so it would show in the open areas of the butterflies.  I really like how that turned out.  The sentiment from Tiny Tags was stamped in blue on a Soft Stone scrap, trimmed into a flag & attached to the frame.  I used the ultra fine point white Sharpie to add 3 little stitches--held my breath as I'm not a doodler--haha!  The card front was also covered with a panel of the Soft Stone--think I'll get a pack of it as it's a great neutral.  Lots of inspiration, I know--enjoy the hop!  I'm also entering HLS Anything Goes with Dies & Word Art Wednesday
Grab our badge:

33 comments:

  1. Those butterflies are stunning! What a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this is absolutely GORGEOUS Greta! Love the gold with all the different shades of blue for your butterflies...such a fabulous look! And perfect with the soft pink background!! Lovely, lovely card Greta!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my your butterflies shine! Beautiful take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such gorgeous water colored butterflies brushed with gold!! The varying shades of blue is so pretty! Awesome card, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty watercoloring on that wonderful butterfly die cut Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Greta!! i too love soft stone and need to order some also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, your card and photos are stunning! Love how you captured the shimmery effect so well. Beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, so elegant, beautiful color palette and design! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So artsy and that gold over the beautiful butterflies is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Butterflies are always a winner with me! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greta, your butterflies are beautiful! (I also tried to incorporate green into my card and didn't like it.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really lovely card Greta. Your butterflies are stunning. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful card, greta... love how you used the different colors from the inspiration photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous butterflies, Greta - just love the watercolors!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta these butterflies are beautiful!!! I love them! They almost look metal with the gold over the watercolors! have a great week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Greta...love your gorgeous butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowza Greta, love those fancy butterflies!! They have a look of aged metal, such a pretty patina on them. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the watercoloring and design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card for the blog hop, you nailed the colors perfectly! Thanks for letting me know about the blog candy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. a superb card Greta. Love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my these are so pretty ! I love the shimmer....I keep eyeing this paint up they look so pretty.
    Hope you are having a great week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adding the touch of gold to the butterflies made them just pop. The blue and gray colors were a beautiful choice for watercolor and I love how the card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! I love how you colored the butterflies. I makes them look almost metal. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty with the gold on the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your shimmery butterflies are beautiful on the pink watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello sweetie! It's good to see your creations again and my, this is beautiful! Love the shimmery butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely shimmery butterflies Greta. That background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That shimmer is out of this world! Beautiful die and love your inky layers. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh such yummy shimmery goodness on the butterflies and I love the mottled tones of blue/grey against the pink. I've been out of town for a week and now playing catch up. Lovely to call in and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous Card Greta..Love the butterflies..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies challenge. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such beautiful washes of colors used on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.