Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Black and White Roses

Anniversary-header
My Skirt Used for Inspiration
Another challenge in celebration of PTI's 9th Anniversary is Dress Up Inspiration.  I've intended for a couple years to make a card based on my jacket that has a watercolor design. However, when I went to get it for this challenge I noticed a lot of my black & white clothes. 
This is one of my favorite skirts & I immediately thought of PTI The Sweet Life, so the jacket will have to wait for another time. 
I stamped the black ink off before stamping the solid image, then used full strength black for the next layer & ended with white embossing the 3rd layer. The entire panel is brushed with Wink of Stella for a subtle shimmer.  The die cut, white embossed leaves are from PTI Turning a New Leaf & the sentiment is from PTI Twig Wreath.  
2016-02Finally used one of the gorgeous BasicGrey embellishments I bought years ago.  Luckily, hubby was able to remove the shank for me. My design was inspired by the February sketch at Deborah's Card Chain Challenge.  It's so rewarding to not only enjoy the creative process, but like the final result!  I'm also entering at Penny Black & More, Stamping Sensation & The Playground. Thanks for stopping by.
Please do grab our logo to display on your own blogPlease grab our logoPixies Crafty Workshop

25 comments:

  1. stunning Greta Love that sketch - reminds me that I really need to get on with doing my CCC card! Love the black and white roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning Greta, the monochromatic colours work perfectly for the design and stamps (which I might need).

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More ans Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Greta! Love the beautiful roses that you stamped! Great take on your inspiration piece (very pretty skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Greta and the stamp is a lovely one. The button works perfectly. That is a very pretty skirt. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great card, and such a perfect take on that pretty skirt!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card and I love the inspiration for it too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a stand out card. Love the monochromatic colours and those roses are stunning. Great take on your skirt and what a fantastic job you've done....love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that skirt and used to have one similar to it! Your card is lovely and those roses are beautiful. What a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is a beautiful interpretation of your lovely skirt, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one lovely skirt and love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Greta; your skirt is so pretty and your card turned out gorgeous. Black and white is always so chic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning creation!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous monochromatic card, Greta! This is awesome, I need a stash of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you did those roses for your card. Brilliant idea to use white embossing for the top layer. Cool skirt, also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've captured the inspiration photo beautifully Greta, this is wonderful!! Love the bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my... this is beautiful Greta! I just adore your flowers and the black and white is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card Greta and a great take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card, love the shades of gray and white and gorgeous roses! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! You copied that skirt perfectly in your card. Gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh this is gorgeous in blacks and gray! perfect interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greta, I love your take on the pretty skirt and sketch.
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your simplistic but elegant card is fabulous Greta. The white embossed leaves is a fabulous idea.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love the black and white! These are both so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my..what a gorgeous skirt and your card that inspired it, is as well! Black, white, classy...WOW!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.