Thursday, July 2, 2015

Color on a Cover Plate

I now have 2 PTI Cover Plates & the new MIM challenge is to add color to one.  That gave me a good reason to open the Garden Gild Cover Plate & give it a try. Decided to go with the simple technique of watercoloring with Distress Inks.  I used my black Distress Marker to color the border.  Some of the inks were blended on the card front which does really change the look, as Laura showed in the video.  Once dry, I covered it all with Wink of Stella & used my favorite Perfect Paper Adhesive to attach it to the card.
The "Hello" Noted PTI die cut was sent to me by Martha, so I can see if I want to buy the die. I black embossed it & the sentiment from Wonderful Words: Hello. Finished off with clear sequins & tiny pearls. I'm also entering Anything Goes at Addicted to Stamps & SSS Monday, Summer.
Distress Inks: barn door, victorian velvet, spun sugar, dusty concord, weathered wood, pine needles, bundled sage, squeezed lemonade
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Addicted to Stamps and More!Simon Monday Challenge Blog

17 comments:

  1. Hi Greta! This is lovely. You made coloring on the Gild CP die cut look easy! I was trying my hand at coloring the peony one yesterday, so I know it's not as easy as it looks. Sweet colors and I really like the pearls too. Thanks for playing over at ATSM #151 AG. Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done, Greta! And I think you might need that Hello die :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Greta, you enable me every time I come here. I hadn't made any 4th cards. Then i saw yours and decided to make just two, one for each of our sons and families. I also have this die and it is all cut out and I was thinking of coloring it. Now that I've seen yours I am really going to do that too! What are we going to do next?! Have a great, relaxing 4th weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta! Love your pastel colors, go perfectly with each other and extra touches with pearls and sequins. Thanks for joining in at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I had been doing so well about the shopping...grrrr. This is gorgeous my friend. That cover plate is going on my wish list. I love the tiny pearl accents too. Super fab card. If you ever duplicate it...just send it my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Greta, this card is absolutely amazing!! My new fave from you, beautifully done!! Have a safe and happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a beautiful piece and I like that we used the same cover plate, isn't that a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very pretty, greta!! I must get out my garden gild coverplate and the technique a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, Greta! Just gorgeous with the flower cover plate! Soft and pretty! And, perfect hello sentiment placed in the center...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta, this is beautiful!! I have just started painting on one. I love the look and I think your's is the prettiest one I've seen yet! Coloring the frame in black and adding the perfect bling was inspired!! Happy 4th! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greta....this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your beautiful coloring, simply stunning. Wishing you and your family a Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Greta! I love how you coloured the flowers and added a border of them to your card! I like the contrast from the black frame also! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY goodness, Greta, this is simply beautiful!
    You ROCKed the MIM!

    The "Hello" die is actually the "Noted Die".
    I can't get enough of "Hello" dies. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, this is so pretty, Greta! Love the soft colors with the pop of the bold, black hello!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your beautiful project! The flowers are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolute beauty! Love the colours & the detail of the cover plate - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.