Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fun With New "Schtuff"


I recently won 2 gift certificates to Stamplorations & didn't wait long to spend them. My goodies were waiting for me yesterday when we got home from running errands & I had to make a card.  I used Trendy Butterflies stamp set & Confetti Circles stencil. My inks are Memento Gray Flannel, Tuxedo Black & Distress inks picked raspberry, shaded lilac & peacock feathers.  The area for the stenciling was masked with Washi tape & then edged with Score Tape for the prisma glitter.  My favorite emboss resist technique worked perfectly with these gorgeous butterfly images.  I added white cotton thread saved from clothing tags along with white sequins to embellish the butterflies.  To be sure they didn't move, I attached them with a small piece of redline tape only in the center & lightly pulled up the wings.  The Easter greeting will go on the inside & this gets mailed tomorrow. The sketch at Uniko Studio inspired me, but I probably got away from it too much.  
I'm entering Stamplorations March challenge & ongoing Anything Goes challenge. Other challenges where I'll play are Uniko Studio, SSS Wednesday & of course, Darnell's NBUS.

Grab button for Uniko Studio ChallengeSimon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Thanks so much for all the sweet comments.  Your visits always make my day.

26 comments:

  1. Oooh...I LOVE the soft colors you used on the trendy butterflies, Greta! This is a gorgeous card! So happy to see you playing with your STAMPlorations goodies...and playing in our challenges, of course! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta,
    This is a sweet and delightful card and the embossing looks wonderful on your butterflies.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new goodies! This is such a beautiful card! Love the colorful butterflies and the touches of sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta, this is gorgeous! The way that stencil line looks with the butterflies is really neat! I'll definitely be filing that one away! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new stuff!!! Those butterflies are gorgeous- love that you were able to "upcycle" some clothing tag threads on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying some new goodies! The butterflies are so pretty with the embossing! A wonderful card, Greta! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much FUN to play with new goodies. Love your sweet butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hooo...you've showcased your STAMPlorations products magnificently! Love your card...wait, make that LOVE your card!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee for new goodies!! What pretty butterflies Greta, spring colors and a little bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your designs is great for our sketch at uniko. I love the lines of glitter. And the embossed butterflies are gorgeous, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card, love your choice of colours and great use of your new STAMPlorations goodies!
    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at STAMPlorations and good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Greta. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! I love your choice of colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this card, Greta! You made some wise choices with your gift certificates. Stamplorations is a great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on winning some new stamping toys. I love that masked off technique and adding the glitter really makes it pop. Great, soft butterflies. Thanks for the hint about the challenge. I saw a similar card like I made in a stamp shop. It had a different sentiment and wasn't colored but otherwise pretty much the same so I didn't want to enter it in case it was a copy of the original. It's my understanding you can use something for your own inspiration but not enter it in challenges, so I respect that. But thanks again. There are so many challenges out there and I sure don't know them all so any help is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to play with new toys...you showed them off to perfection. Did you get your cards made? I finished mine around 3 am this morning...all enveloped and stamped but not photographed...lol Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a soft and pretty trio of butterflies. Thin redline tape down the centers of the butterflies--that's very smart to give their wings lift but ensure they don't take off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is fun to play with new goodies!
    I love your card and the butterflies really do like they're about to take off
    Thanks Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your winning...always so much fun to buy goodies and not spend any money. Your card is so sweet, love your pretty butterflies and your embossing is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Greta! I love those pretty butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your butterflies are gorgeous and I love the CAS look of your card with lots of white. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.