Sunday, August 24, 2014

Golden Wedding Anniversary

I haven't been able to play all the PTI SAF videos yet, but I did scroll through the posts yesterday. Immediately I fell in love with Heather's cards for the 1920s. We also found out our neighbors are celebrating their 50th anniversary this weekend, so I set out to make a card for the Sparkle & Shine challenge.  
Challenge-8I would love to have the die Heather designed, but fortunately Amira Flourish by Memory Box worked as a substitute. The Xyron didn't give me complete coverage, but I just covered it with spray adhesive & added more Art Institute Pot O' Gold glitter. I used 3 sizes of gems & mounted it to a panel of PTI Vintage Cream cardstock debossed with Anna Griffin Rosa folder.  The sentiment is from PTI Lovely Leaves & is stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. I looked through all my PTI sets & this little flourish from Sweet Life was the only thing that fit next to my sentiment except for dots.  I used the same ink stamped off once & added the tiny gems like Heather did.  
I have to say, this is one of my favorite cards.  I have a million bottles of glitter & I'd love to make this using all of them--LOL!  Still hoping to get more cards made for SAF before the deadline--chores can wait! I'm entering at Pixies Snippets Playground, SSS Monday Anything Goes & The Cutting Edge Blog Hop
cuttingedge
Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

27 comments:

  1. so elegant, greta!! your neighbors will absolutely love this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...simply stunning, elegant and just down right gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite and lovely card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beyond gorgeous!!! LOVE that PTI challenge, too, but not sure I'll have time to enter! Thanks for sharing your card!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Greta, this is such a stunning and elegant card, perfect for a 50th anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful and elegant Greta!! Your neighbors are going to adore this card. I'm so happy you could join in the fun at PPP!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - will have to try this - tons of glitter in my stash too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that large die cut, it makes for an elegant focal image on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous 50th anniversary card! Love the layout and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant card! ...nice to turn this into a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely for a golden anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking beautiful my Friend!
    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH, Greta...this beautiful card certainly does sparkle & shine!
    It's simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant card! I love the little flourishes on the sentiment; perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why this would be one of your favorites! It's really elegant and beautiful! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Greta - really elegant and I can see why you love it so much.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elegant card, Greta! Love the bg embossing with gold die cut - great design! I am sure your neighbours love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty :) I love the gem stones on that intricate die! So elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely lovely anniversary card. Love the debossing and the way you've done the layout on this gorgeous card, and then added that sparkling golden flourish design as the focal point. Most striking. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elegant and classy, Greta - this is definitely one of my favs of yours as well! Your neighbours will be thrilled by the beauty and the thoughtfulness of your card when they receive it. Nothing short of stunning, and a most gorgeous way to celebrate a 50th Anniversary! Stunning...I'm in awe...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would look amazing in every colour of glitter you've got!! What a perfectly elegant card - and just right for a 50th anniversary :)
    Sorry I'm so behind in commenting - we were out of town & I swear everyone got their craft on while I was gone! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.