Monday, May 6, 2013

Another Splash Card


for family challengeI'm one of those people who love to do Black, White & a splash of  color which is the challenge at PDCC this week. I also wanted to use the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch! & play along with the Penny Black Blog For Family challenge.  3 in 1 is pretty unusual for me, but this time it worked!  My stamps by Penny Black are chearful & Always My Sister (I only stamped the one word.)  The flower blossom was black embossed, fussy cut & mounted offset to the second image with foam tape.  My magenta splash is done with 2 sizes of gem stickers.  The blossoms are attached to 2 Spellbinder oval die cuts with the word sister stamped on vellum.  The white embossed piece is done with a Cuttlebug folder.  My sister is one of my biggest fans & uses my cards as decoration in her house.  I've never sent her one in these colors & I think she'll like it.  Hope you're all having a great week.  Your support means a lot to me--thank you.
Update:  Just realized this qualifies for Penny Black Saturday Challenge, so will enter that at the last minute.





22 comments:

  1. I love it, Greta! Such a pretty card and you've truly only used a "slash" of that beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Greta. I saw this on Flickr and it is stunning. What a fabulous card. just love the way you added the splash of colour in the centre of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the drama of the colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The splash challenges have always been my favorite, too, Greta - LOVE how your card turned out - the PERFECT splash! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation Greta!! I adore that popped up flower and your splash of color is brilliant!! :) LOVE IT! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful black, white, and splash creation, Greta! I'm sure that your sister (lucky gal!) will love receiving this one. What's not to love???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LIKE that daisy! Pretty pretty card Greta, you're sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your design for the challenges, Greta, and your sister will cherish it! SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Gorgeous! Your sister will love what you've designed for her! Thoughtful, heart-warming and eye-catching; I'm sure she'll have this pretty piece of art featured somewhere special for everyone to see. Yes indeed, this is a winner! I'm going for another look...and another...and a few more!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly gorgeous splash! And I love the look of the offset ovals. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous take on the challenges, greta! love the black and white with the pop of color in the center of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness what fabulous fussy cutting! the little splash of magenta is a great addition :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is jammin!! I love the magenta accent of the flower. This is really exceptional, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah!! Inspired you are GF!!!
    I love this card! My is "natural elegance" your middle name or something?
    Superb Greta!!

    Thanks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so elegant! Your sister should love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Greta! Congrats on the PB Facebook mention!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on Facebook and dropped by to tell you how much I loved it. I especially loved the embossed panel and the little gems on the flower. It would be cool to see this turned into a purse card. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day! (Doggies count as children. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love it that your sister is your biggest fan! The flower is stunning the way you've offset it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous - love the 'splash' of colour - really elegant!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.