Thursday, November 15, 2012

Monochromatic Thank You


Fun challenge to have a chance at winning Flourishes new release.  There are 4 steps, so you can make 4 cards with each one adding a step or make 1 card with all 4 steps.  Here's my card utilizing the sketch (1) made with KI Memories printed paper pad in shades of tan/brown (2) with the cover of my card covered in the paper with a damask design from the collection (3) and clear Recollections gems on the tree (4).  I used 2 great Flourishes sets: The tree from Thinking of You & the sentiment from Wreaths of all Seasons.  The dies are Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large.  I stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate.  Neat thing about this challenge is that I can enter my card for each step of the progressive challenge--4 chances to win!  I love how the card came out, so it's a win no matter what.  Thanks so much for taking time to come by.  Hope you're having a great week.
 

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Greta. Great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greta
    It is unusual to see a brown monochromatic colour Palette, mostly because it is not seen as an exciting hue; it is more rooted, protective and secure as browns are connected to the earth. However, this card elicits a positive response; one immediately thinks of Chocolate; a delicious brown and in good taste.
    Very beautiful.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet take on the challenge. the perfect monochromatic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful clean and simple lines Greta, perfect for this design and sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very warm and cozy feeling. I really like that its a square card too. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Greta. I love the colors, and your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A challenge that is very difficult for me and how wonderfully you've tutored me today in the art of how to! Your card is so beautiful. :)
    hugs to you and I hope you have a good weekend.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta you are a master at challenges. You always have terrific ideas that showcase a wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta this is so pretty the blush pinks and gems set this off beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.