Monday, October 22, 2012

Grateful

I've been wanting to try My Favorite Things sketch challenges, but haven't gotten a card done until tonight.  I was really motivated this week because my new order arrived in just 3 days (amazing customer service!) with the Thankful Leaves stamp set & dies.  I die cut the leaves in MFT Jellybean Green felt & then stamped them using Distress Ink peeled paint--it's very subtle, so doesn't show very well in the picture.  The embossing folder is Tim Holtz & the printed paper is MME Stella & Rose.  The Nestie is Labels Two & is used for the focal piece & a small one is trimmed for the sentiment.  I got brave & cut the sentiment so I could use just the word "grateful" without having to mask it.  The buttons are threaded with MFT hemp, also part of my new stuff.  I sponged the tan edges with Distress Ink old paper to soften them a little.  Glad to have another Thanksgiving card ready!  

Miserably cool & wet here, but really can't complain after our long, warm summer.  Enjoy your week & thank you for visiting my blog.

9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful mix of elements, Greta! I LOVE those fabulous, felt leaves! Cozy card! :)

    Hope your weather improves soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Greta. What a great new die. The leaves are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with the wonderful felt leaves, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the elements you used. Those leaves are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This feels like a warm and cozy sweater - perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cozy card!!! Looooooove the felt leaves! All the texture is really wonderful!! It's been cold and rainy all day here too:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully warm and cozy felt leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, there is something about this BEAUTY that makes me want to reach out and touch it! I love the colors, design, elements, and texture. Great job, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely take on the sketch, the colourful central panel works brilliantly with the autumnal leaves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.