Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Surprises

No, I didn't win the 600 million dollar lottery, but this is a happy Saturday for me!  First off, I was nominated by Suzanne Russell "Beauty & Blessings Blog" for the Liebster Award--Leibster, is a German word meaning "beloved, dearest or favorite" and this award is shared only among up-and-coming bloggers who inspire you and have less than 200 followers. Once nominated, you then: 

  • Acknowledge the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  • Give the award to 5 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and let them know through a comment on their blog.
  • Post the award on your blog.


Thank you so much, Suzanne--what a boost you've given me!  Hard to pick just 5 people to nominate, but here they are:
You won't be disappointed if you check out these wonderful crafters!

Secondly, I won the DeNami Color Challenge #9 (here).  This is my first time to win a DeNami Challenge, so needless to say, I'm thrilled to have my card (posted here) chosen.

I know this is a long post, so I'll close with the story behind this card.  You may know I recently resigned from the position I've had for 17 years.  Some people in my office didn't even say goodbye & yet a group of physical & occupational therapists that I worked with by phone (never met them in person) sent me a card with each of the 6 people writing a note saying how much they will miss working with me.  It made me cry & feel so thankful for good people in my life.  I used my PSA monogram stamp for the thank you card I sent to these wonderful professionals.
Thanks for visiting--I'm grateful for all of you.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Greta! Love the neutrals and that lovely ribbon. And congrats on your DeNami win too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your denami win, greta!! well deserved, my friend! your card is lovely and i know will be so appreciated by those who will be receiving it! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Greta! Great story behind the card. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Greta
    Politics in the workforce!!!!!!!!!!!!!God who needs it.
    Leave it all behind you my friend, they are leading sad lives believe me.
    Now is the time to look forward and enjoy your new position.
    I think this card is going to be well received and appreciated by your fellow professionals.
    Congratulations on your win at Denami, it is always such a warm feeling to be acknowledged. Also thank you for the Award it is very kind of you to include me as one of your 5.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Greta on your win, and thank you for your Leibster Blog award. It is very humbling. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the denami win, Greta! Love your monogram card - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta, You are so sweet! Thanks for the acknowledgement, I really appreciate it. Congrats on your win! That is such a sweet story, I think everybody wants to feel appreciated and you certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations all around Greta... new job, blog award and challenge win! Very sophisticated card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your DeNami win, Greta! thank you for nomination. Pretty natural color card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.